Timelapse 2200AD to 5200AD
Version: 2.0.2 Beta
Song: Stellaris: Faster Than Light
Here’s how I created this timelapse:
1. Start a game with the desired settings
2. Open the console, enter “observe”
3. Use Open Broadcaster Studio to record the galaxy with the desired FPS value – I’ve been using something between 1/2 and 1/5 fraction FPS values (so 1 picture every 3 seconds for instance)
4. Import the resulting files to GoPro Studio, play those 0.33 FPS with 60 FPS – thus speeding it up significantly
5. Adjust some speed settings to scale up over time since the game will slow down as the game progresses
At first I only had following mods activated:
– Hyperlane Transpararency Lite
– Thinner Borders
– Enigmatic Fortress Fix 2.0
Later I forgot to turn off following mods from my singleplayer games, resulting in slightly buggy – but pretty entertaining crisis!
– Dynamic Political Events
– Immersive Empire Names
– Multiple Crisis
– War Name Variety
There were occasional crashes of either OBS or Stellaris, thus here and there we are missing a few years.
All initial races were designed so that it’s AI personalities match their name. Playing on large (800 Star) map, ring-shaped.
Overall, 90h of footage has been used.
At the end there were almost 1500 pops of Xenophobic Isolationists inhabiting the galaxy.
Here are some savegames of this timelapse: